Access to and use of BirdLife International's site (hereafter known as "the website") is provided by BirdLife International subject to the following terms:
- By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the website.
- BirdLife International may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- All material on this site is copyright BirdLife International 2010 unless otherwise stated. You are permitted to view the contents of this site on screen. You are also permitted to make copies of reasonable extracts from the site for your personal use or private study and to save reasonable extracts to your local hard disk for your personal use or private study. It is strictly forbidden to copy any material from this website for commercial use (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business). You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any BirdLife International content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- Use of Meta data and low resolution maps (as displayed in the website) is only allowed subject to fair acknowledgement of both respective data owners and of the BirdLife International Tracking Ocean Wanderers database.
- Content on the BirdLife International website, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to BirdLife International, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- BirdLife International will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, arising from or in connection with the use of the website. Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
- BirdLife International does not warrant that functions contained in the website's content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
- The presentation of material on this website and the geographical designations employed do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of BirdLife international concerning the legal status of any country, territory or area, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Terms of data provision
By using any Tracking Ocean Wanderers dataset, ALL users agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Not to use data contained herein in any publication, product, or commercial application without prior consent from the original data provider(s). Data requests may be initialised by the processes within the website. However, data owners may reserve the right to be in direct contact should it be more appropriate
- Once consent has been obtained, users shall adhere to the following conditions:
- Any conditions required by the data owner(s) must be met, these may include co-authorship, acknowledgement, right to comment before publication, or additional as the data owner(s) sees fit.
- Reproduction of the data, or products derived from it, either whole or in part, for direct financial gain is prohibited without prior permissions from BirdLife International and all relevant data owners.
- All maps produced using Tracking Ocean Wanderers data should be provided with a caption acknowledging all data owners and the BirdLife International Tracking Ocean Wanderers database.
- Data shall not be passed on to any third parties or used in any projects outside of that for which the request was accepted. Any subsequent use of the data, either by the requester or otherwise, should constitute another request.
- Use of these data does not constitute endorsement by BirdLife International of any derived products, reports or analyses. The BirdLife International logo must not be used on any derived products without express permission.
- No data user shall hold any tracking device manufacturer (e.g., Lotek, Microwave Telemetry) or location processing service (e.g., Argos Inc.), the Tracking Ocean Wanderers database, or the original data provider(s) liable for errors in the data. While every effort has been made to ensure the integrity and quality of the database, Birdlife International (or whomever ultimately maintains this database) cannot guarantee the accuracy of the datasets contained herein.
BirdLife International makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the use of the material appearing on this site with regard to their correctness, reliability, accuracy, or otherwise. The material and geographic designations on this site do not imply the expressions of any opinion whatsoever on the part of BirdLife International concerning the legal status of any country, territory or area, nor concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. Neither BirdLife International nor its affiliated or related entities or its content providers shall be responsible or liable to any person, firm or corporation for any loss, damage, injury, claim or liability of any kind or character based on or resulting from any information contained on the site. BirdLife International may update or make changes to the site at any time without notice; however, BirdLife International makes no commitment to update the information contained therein.
Cambridge CB3 0NA
BirdLife International is a charity and is a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 2985746. Registered Charity No. 1042125. Registered office as above. A list of directors of the company can be obtained from the registered office.